Albany International Corp. (NYSE:AIN) reported third-quarter 2011 net income of $16.7 million ($0.53 per share). Net income was decreased by restructuring charges of $2.7 million ($0.06 per share), and by unfavorable income tax adjustments of $0.3 million ($0.01 per share). Net income was increased by foreign currency revaluation gains, principally resulting from the weaker euro, totaling $6.5 million ($0.14 per share).
For the third quarter of 2010, net income was $3.6 million ($0.12 per share), and included restructuring charges of $0.8 million ($0.02 per share), foreign currency revaluation losses of $7.6 million ($0.16 per share), a gain on the sale of a building of $2.5 million ($0.05 per share), and unfavorable income tax adjustments of $1.1 million ($0.03 per share). See non-GAAP disclosures for earnings-per-share effects in Tables 6 and 7 below.
Net sales for Q3 2011 were $250.0 million, an increase of 9.5 percent compared to the third quarter of 2010. Excluding the effects of changes in currency translation rates, net sales increased 5.1 percent as shown below.
|Three Months ended||in Currency||excluding|
|(in thousands)||2011||2010||Change||Rates||Rate Effect|
|Paper Machine Clothing (PMC)||$||168,067||$||157,469||6.7||%||$||6,252||2.8||%|
|Albany Door Systems (ADS)||43,276||36,247||19.4||3,257||10.4|
|Engineered Fabrics (EF)||20,267||18,500||9.6||353||7.6|
|Engineered Composites (AEC)||11,918||10,585||12.6||-||12.6|
|PrimaLoft ® Products||6,484||5,613||15.5||191||12.1|
Gross profit was 38.3 percent of net sales in the third quarter of 2011, compared to 37.9 percent in the same period of 2010. Q3 2010 gross profit was negatively affected by equipment relocation costs associated with restructuring activities of $1.7 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV