ITT Educational Services Inc (ESI) pushed the Services sector lower today making it today's featured Services loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 2%. By the end of trading, ITT Educational Services Inc fell $3.59 (-5.9%) to $57.05 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.4 million shares of ITT Educational Services Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 686,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $56.18-$60.44 after having opened the day at $59.19 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $60.64. Other company's within the Services sector that declined today were: Career Education Corporation (CECO), down 47.8%, ReachLocal Inc (RLOC), down 28.3%, Seven Arts Entertainment Inc (SAPX), down 15.5%, and Skywest Incorporated (SKYW), down 13.5%. ITT Educational Services, Inc. provides postsecondary degree programs in the United States. ITT Educational Services Inc has a market cap of $1.7 billion and is part of the diversified services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 5.4, equal to the average diversified services industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 4.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates ITT Educational Services as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, weak operating cash flow and generally poor debt management.
- You can view the full ITT Educational Services Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about ESI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV