We continue to look for well located existing assets that will complement our existing portfolio, but as we've discussed before at this time in the cycle we have shifted our focus to development. To that end we commenced construction on Wilshire La Brea in October and expect to start the Sunnyvale Town Center site this month.
Wilshire La Brea with 478 units and close to 40,000 square feet of retail has a total estimated cost of $276 million. Sunnyvale Town Center totaled 279 units and 22,000 square feet of retail and has an estimated cost of $124 million. With these two starts our current developments under construction will total in excess of $550 million.
Given the pricing power we've had this year at our 5600 Wilshire property just four blocks west of Wilshire La Brea and the continued strength of this section of the Wilshire corridor known as the Miracle Mile. We wanted to take advantage of the market strength in addition to locking in favorable construction pricing and start Wilshire La Brea, so that it would begin leasing at the end of 2013 and early 2014, a timeframe we believe will show continued pricing power given the lack of new supplies.
As one of our legacy assets the current return is 4% and will stabilize in the low 5s but we are confident that this will be an excellent long-term asset for BRE. Our Sunnyvale Town and Country side which will be renamed Solstice is an example of the newer addition to our pipeline.This is an asset we put under control last summer with a current return of 6% and a stabilized return of 7.75. It will add significant value for our shareholders for years to come. Our Lawrence station project started one year ago and is on schedule to deliver the first units in the second quarter of next year and is on budget with a current return of 5.86% up from the [5.25] at the start and a stabilized return of 6.85.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV