2. Snyder S Lance (LNCE) manufactures, markets and distributes a variety of snack food products. It also resells certain cakes, meat snacks, candy and other partner brand products. The company is scheduled to release its third-quarter 2011 results on November 3.
The company paid a dividend of 16 cents per share in the final week of August, taking the total dividend for 2011 to 48 cents per share. The dividend yield is 3%.
A consensus forecast of analysts polled by Bloomberg expects LNCE to record net income of $14.91 million, or 23 cents per share, for the third quarter of 2011, compared to $11.05 million, or 16 cents per share, in the second quarter of 2011. Sales are seen rising to $411.29 million from $237.68 million in the same quarter last year. Operating profit is estimated up 57% year-over-year to $25.64 million.With the pricing of private brands coming under pressure of higher commodity costs, LNCE expects margins to improve in third-quarter 2011. For full-year 2011, the company estimates earnings per share, excluding special items, to range from 75 cents to 90 cents on a fully diluted basis. Also, revenue is forecast between $1.59 billion and $1.63 billion, while capital expenditures are pegged in the range of $60 million to $70 million for the year. Of the 13 analysts covering the stock, 31% recommend a buy and 62% rate it as a hold. Data from Bloomberg has analysts forecasting the stock gaining 12.4% to $23.17 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV