And also, if the impact from the loyalty point and handset repair system revision was excluded, it’s right here, if those are excluded which had an impact of ¥55 billion in reality. If those impacts were excluded, the second quarter operating income increased by ¥32 billion according to our view compared to the last fiscal year.
In the second quarter of last fiscal year, we reviewed our point program and also the handset repair system by optimizing the period in which we offer the repair service. As a consequence, we were able to reduce the allowances by ¥55 billion in the second quarter of last fiscal year.
So, I want you to understand that in order for us to precisely understand the business trends, whether it is going upwards or downwards, in order to have a correct understanding on the major trends, I think it is much better for us to exclude this ¥55 billion impact and compile the results without that impact because that more accurately reflects the current situation. And when that impact is excluded, we believe the second quarter operating income effectively posted an increase. And I think this growth trend is expected to continue in the third and fourth quarters.
So, in light of these first half results, we have decided to make an upward revision to the full-year forecast, specifically, operating revenues was revised upwards by ¥10 billion, and it is expected to reach ¥4,240 trillion for the full year. Operating income expected to reach ¥870 billion, up ¥20 billion compared to the initial plan. And our smartphone sales is expected to reach 8.5 million units, up 2.5 million units compared to the initial plan. And packet ARPU is expected to reach ¥170 – is expected to record a ¥170 increase year-on-year, up ¥30 compared to the initial plan, excluding the impact of the monthly support discount.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV