Northern Dynasty Minerals
Northern Dynasty Minerals (NAK) is a mineral exploration company, which holds indirect interests in 627 square miles of mineral claims in southwest Alaska, the United States. It owns 50% interest in the Pebble copper-gold-molybdenum project located in Alaska. This stock has been hammered by the bears in 2011, with shares off by over 40%.
52-Week Range: $4.87-$21.76Today's Volume: 114,600 Three-Month Average Volume: 535,212 Northern Dynasty Minerals has a market cap of $791 million and an enterprise value of $711.60 million. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 33.3% and for next year it's pegged at 70%. The current short interest as a percentage of the float for Northern Dynasty is very low at just 1%. From a technical standpoint, traders should watch for a big breakout to trigger if this stock can manage to move above some past overhead resistance at $8.82 a share on strong volume. A high-volume move over that level should set this stock up to re-test its August highs of $10.50 to $11.07, or possibly much higher. Look for volume that's tracking in close to or above its three-month average action of 535,213 shares. One could buy this stock off any weakness and simply use a mental stop near the 50-day moving average of $7.93. To see these stocks in action, check out the 6 Gold & Silver Miners to Play the Eurozone Debt Crisis portfolio. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV