AuRico Gold (AUQ) is a mining company which is also engaged in the exploration for, and development of, gold and silver deposits in Mexico. This stock has basically traded flat on the year with shares up around 0.72% so far in 2011. That said, the future gains could rack up quick for AUQ if the stock breaks out in the coming days or weeks.
52-Week Range: $6.15-$14.17Today's Volume: 751,900 Three-Month Average Volume: 2.39 million AuRico Gold has a market cap of $1.73 billion and an enterprise value of $1.57 billion. The stock trades at a trailing price-to-earnings of 23.14 and a forward price-to-earnings of 7.65. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 137.50%, and for next year it's pegged at 71.10%. The current short interest as a percentage of the float for AuRico is low at just 3.6%. From a technical standpoint, traders should watch for a big breakout to trigger for AUQ if the stock can manage to move above some big overhead resistance at its 50-day moving average of $10.58 and then $10.60 a share on strong volume. A move above those levels should set this stock up for a big spike that could take it back towards $13 a share or possibly even higher. AUQ is one of the top holdings of David Dreman's Dreman Value Management.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV