6 Gold & Silver Miners to Play the Eurozone Debt Crisis
Great Panther Silver
Great Panther Silver (GPL) is a silver mining and exploration company whose activities are focused on the mining of precious and base metals from its wholly owned properties in Mexico. This stock is down around 6% so far in 2011, but if gold takes off in the near-term, then I expect silver to follow. That in turn should make shares of Great Panther Silver a big beneficiary of any upward spike in silver.
52-Week Range: $1.19-$5.04Today's Volume: 692.668 Three-Month Average Volume: 1.73 million Great Panther Silver has a market cap of $347.81 million and an enterprise value of $293.63 million. The stock trades at a trailing price-to-earnings of 39.86. There are currently no analyst estimates for their future growth rate. The current short interest as a percentage of the float for Great Panther Silver is an extremely low 0.4%. >>5 Ways to Play the Gold Miner Spread From a technical standpoint, traders should look to get long GPL once the stock takes out some overhead resistance at around $2.71 and then $2.79 (its 50-day moving average) on heavy volume. A move above those levels with volume that's tracking in close to or above its three-month average action of 1.73 million should set this stock up for a big spike higher.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV