6 Gold & Silver Miners to Play the Eurozone Debt Crisis
WINDERMERE, Fla. (Stockpickr) -- Europe is once again teetering on the brink of crisis as the eurozone approaches a key G-20 summit slated for this weekend. The latest drama hitting the wires today was doubt as to whether Greece's parliament will approve a referendum on the country's next bailout.
Some market observers think that Greece is bluffing and that Prime Minster Papandreou is using the threat of a referendum as a way to force the European Union into offering him a better deal on Greece's debt issues. A referendum is a nightmare scenario because it will prolong the debt crisis and could cause a cascading negative effect in the European bond market.
The 10-year Italian debt yields crossed 6% on Monday, which is a level that many traders call the danger zone; between 6% and 7% is where it gets very hard for Italy to service its debt.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV