Gilt City Strikes Deals -- Deals to Watch (Update 1)
Chinese firms may also look to take stakes in Brazil. Bloomberg reported that China Petrochemical Corp is preparing to buy a stake in Portuguese oil producer Galp Energia, according to people familiar with the matter. Previously, Galp said it was looking to raise $2.7 billion by selling a piece of its Brazilian unit, which owns a stake in the Jupiter oil field that may hold more than 30 billion barrels of oil.
Galp is part owned by Italian oil giant Eni (E) and Amorim Energia. The company also owns a 10% stake in Brazil's largest ever find, the Tupi well, which was drilled in 2007 and was the largest oil find in the western hemisphere since the Cantarell field was discovered in Mexico in 1976.
-- Written by Antoine Gara in New York
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV