Ovidian Group (“Ovidian”) announced today that Mark Spolyar has joined the firm as a managing director. Mr. Spolyar was most recently a partner at the law firm of Baker Botts, L.L.P., and has extensive experience in all aspects of patent and technology licensing. He will be based at Ovidian’s headquarters in Berkeley, California, reporting to Ovidian chief executive officer Joseph Siino.
“Mark is a tremendous addition to the Ovidian team and further strengthens our position as the trusted partner providing IP solutions to technology companies worldwide,” commented Joseph Siino, chief executive officer of Ovidian Group.
Mr. Spolyar is widely recognized as a global thought leader in IP, with broad experience spanning IP strategy, transactions, licensing, analysis and litigation. The Daily Journal named him a ‘Top 25 IP Attorney’ from 2009 through 2011, and IAM Magazine has named him one of the world’s ‘Top 250 Patent and Technology Licensing Practitioners’ and as one of the world’s ‘Top 250 IP Strategists.’ He also serves as an adjunct professor at the University of California Hastings College of Law, focusing on intellectual property licensing and transactions.
About Ovidian GroupOvidian is an intellectual property (IP) business solutions firm that works with leading technology companies throughout North America, Asia and Europe. Ovidian is headquartered in Berkeley, California. Ovidian is a subsidiary of Pendrell Corporation (NASDAQ: PCO). For more information, visit www.ovidian.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV