SuperMedia Announces Third Quarter 2011 Results
Earnings Call and Webcast Information
Individuals within the United States can access the earnings call by dialing 888/603-6873. International participants should dial 973/582-2706. The pass code for the call is: 19969176. In order to ensure a prompt start time, please dial into the call by 9:50am (Eastern) this morning. A replay of the teleconference will be available at 800/585-8367. International callers can access the replay by calling 404/537-3406. The replay pass code is: 19969176. The replay will be available through November 18, 2011. In addition, a live Web cast will be available on SuperMedia’s Web site in the Investor Relations section at www.supermedia.com.
Basis of Presentation and Non-GAAP Measures
Upon emergence from bankruptcy on December 31, 2009, SuperMedia adopted fresh start accounting in accordance with U.S. GAAP. Accordingly, SuperMedia’s 2010 financial results were significantly affected. On December 31, 2009, the balances in deferred revenue and deferred directory costs were adjusted to their fair value of zero, which had a significant non-cash impact on 2010 consolidated statement of operations. For the readers' convenience, the financial information accompanying this release provides a reconciliation of GAAP to non-GAAP results.Forward-Looking Statements This release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. You should not place undue reliance on these statements. These forward-looking statements include statements that reflect the current views of our senior management with respect to our financial performance and future events with respect to our business and industry in general. Statements that include the words “may,” “could,” “should,” “would,” “believe,” “anticipate,” “forecast,” “estimate,” “expect,” “preliminary,” “intend,” “plan,” “project,” “outlook” and similar statements of a future or forward-looking nature identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements address matters that involve risks and uncertainties. Accordingly, there are or will be important factors that could cause our actual results to differ materially from those indicated in these financial statements. We believe that these factors include, but are not limited to, the following:
- our inability to provide assurance for the long-term continued viability of our business;
- reduced advertising spending and contract cancellations by our clients, which causes reduced revenue;
- declining use of print yellow pages directories by consumers;
- competition from other yellow pages directory publishers and other traditional and new media;
- our ability to anticipate or respond to changes in technology and user preferences;
- changes in our operating performance;
- our post-restructuring financial condition, financing requirements and cash flow;
- limitations on our operating and strategic flexibility and the ability to operate our business, finance our capital needs or expand business strategies under the terms of our credit agreement;
- failure to comply with the financial covenants and other restrictive covenants in our credit agreement;
- limited access to capital markets and increased borrowing costs resulting from our leveraged capital structure and debt ratings;
- our ability to resolve any remaining bankruptcy claims;
- changes in the availability and cost of paper and other raw materials used to print our directories;
- our reliance on third-party providers for printing, publishing and distribution services;
- credit risk associated with our reliance on small- and medium-sized businesses as clients;
- our ability to attract and retain qualified key personnel;
- our ability to maintain good relations with our unionized employees;
- changes in labor, business, political and economic conditions;
- changes in governmental regulations and policies and actions of federal, state and local municipalities; and
- the outcome of pending or future litigation and other claims.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV