Hampden Bancorp Inc. Stock Upgraded (HBNK)
- HAMPDEN BANCORP INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HAMPDEN BANCORP INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.20 versus -$0.04 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.28 versus $0.20).
- The gross profit margin for HAMPDEN BANCORP INC is currently very high, coming in at 73.30%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 7.60% trails the industry average.
- Despite the weak revenue results, HBNK has outperformed against the industry average of 17.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.9%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to not be hurting the bottom line, shown by stable earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts