GSI Technology, Inc. (Nasdaq:GSIT) today reported on recent developments related to its pending patent litigation with Cypress Semiconductor Corp.
Lee-Lean Shu, GSI’s President and CEO, noted, “In our October 5, 2011 press release, we reported that the United States Patent and Trademark Office had instituted a reexamination proceeding with respect to one of the Cypress patents that it claims we infringe (U.S. Patent No. 7,142,477, or the “’477 patent”) and was reviewing whether to institute such a proceeding against another of the allegedly infringing Cypress patents (U.S. Patent No. 6,534,805, or the “’805 patent”).
“I am pleased to report that the PTO subsequently instituted a reexamination proceeding against the ‘805 patent and issued initial office actions in both proceedings in which it rejected a number of the claims of both patents, including all of the claims that relate to Cypress’ infringement claims against GSI in the pending International Trade Commission investigation, as invalid on the basis of prior art. Although the PTO’s rejection of these patent claims is not final, we believe that the existence of relevant prior art is clear, and we are confident that completion of the reexamination will result in a final rejection of these claims.”
Mr. Shu concluded, “We continue to vigorously defend Cypress’ claims before the ITC while prosecuting our antitrust claims against Cypress.”About GSI Technology Founded in 1995, GSI Technology, Inc. is a leading provider of high performance static random access memory, or SRAM, products primarily incorporated in networking and telecommunications equipment. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, GSI Technology is ISO 9001 certified and has worldwide factory and sales locations. For more information, please visit www.gsitechnology.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV