Regal Entertainment Group (RGC) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.8%. By the end of trading, Regal Entertainment Group rose 21 cents (1.4%) to $14.65 on average volume. Throughout the day, three million shares of Regal Entertainment Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $14.11-$14.72 after having opened the day at $14.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.44. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: interCLICK Inc (ICLK), up 20.8%, Envoy Capital Group Inc (ECGI), up 8.5%, Noah Education Holdings (NED), up 7.9%, and Private Media Group Inc (PRVT), up 5.8%. Regal Entertainment Group, through its subsidiaries, operates a theatre circuit in the United States. Regal Entertainment Group has a market cap of $2.2 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 26.3, below the average media industry P/E ratio of 43.1 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 23% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Regal Entertainment Group as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, feeble growth in the company's earnings per share and deteriorating net income.
- You can view the full Regal Entertainment Group Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about RGC
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV