Covance Inc (CVD) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care loser. The sector as a whole closed the day down 2.7%. By the end of trading, Covance Inc fell $1.98 (-3.9%) to $48.75 on average volume. Throughout the day, 756,456 shares of Covance Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 764,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $48.28-$49.84 after having opened the day at $48.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.73. Other company's within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Exelixis Inc (EXEL), down 40.2%, Amedisys Inc (AMED), down 23.4%, BG Medicine Inc (BGMD), down 16.8%, and Zalicus Inc (ZLCS), down 15.7%. Covance Inc., a drug development services company, provides various early-stage and late-stage product development services primarily to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries worldwide. Covance Inc has a market cap of $3.2 billion and is part of the health services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 47.2, below the average health services industry P/E ratio of 47.7 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 1.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Covance as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Covance Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CVD
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV