CareFusion (CFN) pushed the Health Services industry lower today making it today's featured Health Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.9%. By the end of trading, CareFusion fell 96 cents (-3.8%) to $24.64 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.8 million shares of CareFusion exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $24.54-$25.16 after having opened the day at $24.88 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $25.60. Other company's within the Health Services industry that declined today were: Amedisys Inc (AMED), down 23.4%, BG Medicine Inc (BGMD), down 16.8%, Almost Family Inc (AFAM), down 14.4%, and Bio-Reference Labs Inc (BRLI), down 12.1%. CareFusion Corporation, a medical technology company, provides various healthcare products and services in the United States and internationally. It operates in two segments, Critical Care Technologies, and Medical Technologies and Services. CareFusion has a market cap of $5.5 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.1, below the average health services industry P/E ratio of 22.7 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 1.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates CareFusion as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that we feel that the company's cash flow from its operations has been weak overall.
- You can view the full CareFusion Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CFN
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV