NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- There are now 146 undercapitalized institutions on the TheStreet's Bank Watch List, with preliminary third-quarter data now available for roughly 91% of the nation's banks and thrifts.
Based on third-quarter regulatory data supplied by SNL Financial for the nation's banks and savings and loan associations -- and factoring-in 21 bank and thrift failures since TheStreet's previous Watch List was published on August 16 -- 146 institutions were undercapitalized according to the regulatory guidelines that apply to most institutions.
Banks are required to file their call reports by Nov. 15.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV