MINNEAPOLIS, Nov. 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Hawkins, Inc. (Nasdaq: HWKN) today announced that it has acquired a 28-acre parcel of land in Rosemount, Minnesota. The Company expects to start construction of a new facility on the site shortly, with the facility slated to be operational in late 2012.
Chief Executive Officer, Patrick H. Hawkins, commented, "We have been looking for viable expansion sites in the Twin Cities area for some time and are extremely pleased to have acquired this parcel, which has excellent rail access. The site provides capacity for future business growth and lessens our dependence on our flood-prone sites on the Mississippi River. While we expect to transfer some blending and manufacturing activity to the Rosemount site, we have no intention of closing any sites we currently operate."
Hawkins, Inc. distributes, blends and manufactures bulk and specialty chemicals for its customers in a wide variety of industries. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and with 25 facilities in 13 states, the Company creates value for its customers through superb customer service and support, quality products and personalized applications.
SOURCE Hawkins, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV