- Adjusted net earnings, a non-GAAP measure adjusting for non-cash gains and losses from derivative financial instruments (derivatives), gains on divestitures, asset impairments, costs incurred in connection with our special committee’s review of strategic alternatives and items typically not included by securities analysts in published estimates, were $0.15 per share for the third quarter 2011 compared to $0.18 per share for the second quarter 2011 and $0.16 per share for the third quarter 2010.
- GAAP results were net income of $0.39 per diluted share for the third quarter 2011 compared with net income of $0.38 per diluted share for the second quarter 2011. Net income was $0.30 per diluted share for the third quarter 2010.
- Oil and natural gas production was 50 Bcfe, or 540 Mmcfe per day, for the third quarter 2011 compared with 46 Bcfe, or 500 Mmcfe per day, in the second quarter 2011. Production was 29 Bcfe, or 320 Mmcfe per day, in the third quarter 2010. The increase in the year-over-year quarterly production is primarily attributable to increased production volumes in our Haynesville/Bossier shale play, where third quarter 2011 volumes were 37 Bcfe, or 401 Mmcfe per day, compared with 16 Bcfe, or 173 Mmcfe per day, in the third quarter 2010, an increase of 132%. The increased production during the third quarter was reduced by approximately 44 Mmcf per day as a result of a May 28, 2011 incident at a TGGT treating facility which resulted in curtailment of certain North Louisiana production volumes. We expect this level of curtailment of certain volumes to continue through the end of the fourth quarter 2011.
- Oil and natural gas revenues for the third quarter 2011 were $207 million, unchanged from the second quarter 2011. The third quarter 2010 oil and natural gas revenues were $131 million. The higher year-over-year revenues reflect the favorable impacts of our increased production which was partially offset by a 6% decrease in the average sales price per Mcfe. When the impacts of cash settlements from our oil and natural gas derivatives are considered, oil and natural gas revenues were $240 million for the third quarter 2011 compared with $230 million for the second quarter 2011 and $174 million for the third quarter 2010.
- Oil and natural gas operating costs for the third quarter 2011 were $0.42 per Mcfe compared to $0.75 per Mcfe for the third quarter 2010. This 44% reduction in per unit operating costs reflects the significant impact of increased volumes from our horizontal Haynesville/Bossier shale wells, which produce high volumes of natural gas and have low per well operating expenses.
- Adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, depletion and amortization and other non-cash income and expense items (adjusted EBITDA, a non-GAAP measure) for the third quarter 2011 was $163 million compared with $116 million in the third quarter 2010.
- Cash flow from operations before changes in working capital, a non-GAAP measure, was $151 million for the three months ended September 30, 2011 compared with $108 million for the three months ended September 30, 2010, an increase of 40%.
EXCO Resources, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2011 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.