SemGroup ® Corporation (NYSE: SEMG) today announced that it has completed its contribution of the company’s SemStream ®, L.P. business into NGL Energy Partners LP (NYSE: NGL) in exchange for cash and equity interests. This transaction is intended to enhance SemGroup’s investment in natural gas liquids, create additional opportunities for growth and strengthen SemGroup’s financial profile through increased earnings.
As previously announced, all assets of SemStream, L.P. were incorporated in this contribution excluding those of SemStream Arizona Propane, L.L.C. In exchange for these assets, SemGroup Corporation received the following:
- 8.93 million common units of NGL Energy Partners stock, representing an approximately one third equity interest in the limited partnership:
- 7.5 percent equity interest in the General Partner of NGL Energy Partners;
- A cash payment of up to $100,000,000 for working capital, subject to adjustment; and
- Two seats on the board of directors of the general partner of NGL Energy Partners.
“We are pleased to report on the closing of this transaction which we believe demonstrates the benefits that the NGL MLP structure can deliver for our shareholders,” said Norman Szydlowski, SemGroup President and Chief Executive Officer. “By contributing our SemStream assets to NGL, we are confident that we will improve the stability of SemGroup’s cash flows, reduce earnings volatility, increase earnings and create an additional platform for growth.”
Mr. Szydlowski continued, “Our future cash flows will be derived from the quarterly distributions we receive from NGL Energy Partners. In essence, this transaction converts a seasonal cash flow into a stable distribution leveraged towards growth. As part of the transaction, we will also own 7.5% of the General Partner and associated incentive distribution rights, which means we will receive increasing percentages of cash distributed from operations as the partnership meets certain thresholds,” added Mr. Szydlowski.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV