Gap (GPS) is going a step further than other retailers. The specialty retailer will be open on Thanksgiving Day, a new tradition it started last year.
"Our customers have given us terrific feedback about the option of getting a head start on their shopping on Thanksgiving Day," said Tom Wyatt, president of Old Navy. "It's a fun environment for the whole family, and a welcome excursion for those looking to get ahead or take a break from the holiday festivities. This is a win-win for our brand and our shoppers alike."
Nearly 1,000 Gap, Old Navy and Banana Republic stores will remain open as families gather together to carve the turkey. Old Navy will keep 80% of its stores open, while 300 Gap Outlet and Banana Republic Factory, 116 namesake stores and 54 banana Republic locations will be ready for business.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV