Of course, Wal-Mart (WMT) has to go and one-up everyone else. The discount giant will open for early bird shoppers at 10 p.m. Thanksgiving Day, when it will offer deals on toys, home items and clothing.
Then at midnight, Wal-Mart will begin its electronics door busters, with more deals at 8 a.m. on Black Friday.
"Our customers told us they would rather stay up late to shop than get up early," Duncan Mac Naughton, chief merchandising officer of Walmart U.S., said in a statement released Thursday.Wal-Mart already held a pre-Black Friday sale on Nov. 5 and it revealed some Black Friday deals on Thursday, including selling the Xbox360 4GB with Kinect Console for $199.96 plus a $50 Walmart gift card. Last year, Wal-Mart opened many of its U.S. stores on Thanksgiving Day and kept them open overnight.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV