Of course, Wal-Mart (WMT) has to go and one-up everyone else. The discount giant will open for early bird shoppers at 10 p.m. Thanksgiving Day, when it will offer deals on toys, home items and clothing.
Then at midnight, Wal-Mart will begin its electronics door busters, with more deals at 8 a.m. on Black Friday.
"Our customers told us they would rather stay up late to shop than get up early," Duncan Mac Naughton, chief merchandising officer of Walmart U.S., said in a statement released Thursday.Wal-Mart already held a pre-Black Friday sale on Nov. 5 and it revealed some Black Friday deals on Thursday, including selling the Xbox360 4GB with Kinect Console for $199.96 plus a $50 Walmart gift card. Last year, Wal-Mart opened many of its U.S. stores on Thanksgiving Day and kept them open overnight.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV