CHARLOTTE, N.C., Nov. 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Charlotte based Piedmont Natural Gas (NYSE: PNY) is initiating its earnings guidance for the fiscal year ending October 31, 2012 in the range of $1.58 to $1.68 per diluted share.
The guidance for the fiscal year 2012 reflects the following assumptions:
- Margin growth from continued 1% gross customer additions in the Company's North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee markets; completion and placement into service of the Wayne power generation delivery project on June 1; and resolution of our general rate application with the Tennessee Regulatory Authority (TRA) effective March 1,
- A $3.1 million margin decrease pursuant to a settlement approved in the Company's 2011 South Carolina Rate Stabilization proceeding,
- A 9% increase in O&M expenses primarily driven by higher medical costs, pension expense, payroll, regulatory asset amortizations and pipeline integrity expenses,
- Capital expenditures in the range of $550 - $600 million, including $250 - $290 million for power generation delivery projects and $70 - $80 million for transmission pipeline integrity management programs,
- Allowance for Funds Used During Construction (AFUDC) of $22 million resulting from the amount and timing of the capital expenditures,
- Continued performance from our equity method investments, including an investment by Cardinal Pipeline to serve the Wayne power generation project,
- Open market share repurchase to offset stock issuances associated with the Company's Dividend Reinvestment Program and other stock-based programs with no permanent reduction in shares outstanding for fiscal year 2012, and
- Issuance of approximately $300 million of new, long-term debt in our fiscal 2012 third quarter.
This press release contains forward-looking statements. These statements are based on management's current expectations and information currently available and are believed to be reasonable and are made in good faith. However, the forward-looking statements are subject to future events, risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected in the statements. Factors that may make the actual results differ from anticipated results include, but are not limited to, weather conditions, rate of customer growth, the cost and availability of natural gas, competition from other energy providers, new legislation and regulations and application of existing laws and regulations, economic and capital market conditions, the cost and availability of labor and materials and other uncertainties, all of which are difficult to predict and some of which are beyond our control. For these reasons, you should not rely on these forward-looking statements when making investment decisions. The words "expect," "believe," "project," "anticipate," "intend," "should," "could," "assume," "estimate," "forecast," "future," "indicate," "outlook," "plan," "predict," "seek," "target," "would," and variations of such words and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are only as of the date they are made and we do not undertake any obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statement, either as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. More information about the risks and uncertainties relating to these forward-looking statements may be found in Piedmont's latest Forms 10-K and 10-Q, which are available on the SEC's website at http://www.sec.gov/.About Piedmont Natural Gas Piedmont Natural Gas is an energy services company primarily engaged in the distribution of natural gas to more than one million residential, commercial and industrial utility customers in North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee, including 52,000 customers served by municipalities who are wholesale customers. Our subsidiaries are invested in joint venture, energy-related businesses, including unregulated retail natural gas marketing, interstate natural gas storage and intrastate natural gas transportation. More information about Piedmont Natural Gas is available on the Internet at http://www.piedmontng.com/. SOURCE Piedmont Natural Gas
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV