Companies who have a bright outlook on the economy still have an array of venutre opportunity left to consider buying. General Electric (GE) still owns a near 50% stake in a $29 billion partnership with Comcast (CMCSA) on its NBCUniversal venture. Additionally there is American Tower's (AMT) $428 million joint venture with South African tower operator MTN to manage mobile phone towers in Ghana, and Hasbro's (HAS) $300 million T.V. partnership with Discovery Communications (DISCA) among many others.
Depending on your view of what the Dow's surge to 12,000 last week and this week's MF Global bankruptcy means for the economy, there may be more partnerships to be bought in coming quarters, especially in businesses more resilient to short term market swings.
-- Written by Antoine Gara in New York
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV