Companies who have a bright outlook on the economy still have an array of venutre opportunity left to consider buying. General Electric (GE) still owns a near 50% stake in a $29 billion partnership with Comcast (CMCSA) on its NBCUniversal venture. Additionally there is American Tower's (AMT) $428 million joint venture with South African tower operator MTN to manage mobile phone towers in Ghana, and Hasbro's (HAS) $300 million T.V. partnership with Discovery Communications (DISCA) among many others.
Depending on your view of what the Dow's surge to 12,000 last week and this week's MF Global bankruptcy means for the economy, there may be more partnerships to be bought in coming quarters, especially in businesses more resilient to short term market swings.
-- Written by Antoine Gara in New York
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV