Lan Airlines SA (LFL): Today's Featured Transportation Loser
Lan Airlines (LFL) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.5%. By the end of trading, Lan Airlines fell 84 cents (-3.2%) to $25.07 on average volume. Throughout the day, 725,945 shares of Lan Airlines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 505,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $24.84-$25.61 after having opened the day at $24.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $25.91. Other company's within the Transportation industry that declined today were: DS Torm (TRMD), down 16.3%, Overseas Shipholding Group (OSG), down 9.9%, Danaos Corporation (DAC), down 9.3%, and Saia Inc (SAIA), down 9.1%. Lan Airlines S.A., together with its subsidiaries, provides passenger and cargo air transportation services. The company offers air cargo transportation services to other international air carriers, freight-forwarding companies, export oriented companies, and individual consumers. Lan Airlines has a market cap of $7.9 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.3, above the average transportation industry P/E ratio of 18.8 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 16.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Lan Airlines as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, robust revenue growth and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including premium valuation and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Lan Airlines Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV