Fibria Celulose SA (FBR): Today's Featured Consumer Non-Durables Loser
Fibria Celulose (FBR) pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Non-Durables loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, Fibria Celulose fell 61 cents (-6.4%) to $8.87 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.8 million shares of Fibria Celulose exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.9 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $8.82-$9.21 after having opened the day at $9.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $9.48. Other company's within the Consumer Non-Durables industry that declined today were: Revlon Inc (REV), down 9%, STR Holdings Inc (STRI), down 7.4%, Female Health Company (FHCO), down 6.2%, and Zep Inc (ZEP), down 5.5%. Fibria Celulose S.A., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and marketing of pulp and paper products in North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Oceania, and Africa. Fibria Celulose has a market cap of $3.9 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.3, above the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio of 9.6 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 43.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Fibria Celulose as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow, a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share.
- You can view the full Fibria Celulose Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV