Americas United Bank (OTCBB: AUNB) today announced its unaudited 2011 third-quarter results.
“The third-quarter results reflect a quarterly operating profit of $233,000 or $0.08 per basic share. Total assets decreased to $102.0 million. The actions taken during the last few months of reducing expenses, exiting selected business lines, decreasing non-core relationships and improving credit quality have resulted in a trend of two successive quarters of profitability. We continue to look forward to our future and successes of the Bank and its customers,” said Adriana M. Boeka, President and Chief Executive Officer.
Boeka continued, “The management team will spend the remainder of 2011 focused on organic growth, cost control, and balance sheet management. Revenue growth is the primary driver and the team will target the improvement of net interest margin and profitability. One aspect of the strategy will be to deploy excess liquidity in order to maximize the earning asset return. We believe there are deposit growth opportunities in the marketplace and we seek new profitable client relationships.”
“Our team has begun the next phase of our growth and development and we are focused on providing outstanding service to our existing customers and building market share. We remain optimistic about our future,” said Manuel Remon, Chairman.Third-quarter financial highlights include:
- Total assets of $102.0 million at September 30, 2011, a 10.6 percent decrease over $114.0 million at December 31, 2010.
- Net loans of $75.1 million at September 30, 2011, a decrease of 22.2 percent from December 31, 2010 total of $96.5 million.
- Non-performing assets of $2.4 million, or 2.4% of total assets at September 30, 2011, versus $1.9 million, or 1.64% of total assets at December 31, 2010.
- Allowance for loan losses of $2.8 million or 3.5 percent of gross loans at September 30, 2011, and up from $2.2 million or 2.2 percent of gross loans at December 31, 2010.
- Total deposits at September 30, 2011 were $76.6 million, a decrease of 11.0 percent from the $86.0 million at December 31, 2010.
- Third-quarter 2011 operating revenue decreased 15.8 percent to $1,405,000 from $1,668,000 for the same period in 2010.
- Provision for loan losses for the three-months ended September 30, 2011, was $30,000 compared to $246,000 for the same period of 2010, a decrease of 88%.
- Operating net profit of $233,000 for the third-quarter of 2011 or $0.08 per basic share compared to a net loss of $417,000 or $0.14 per basic share for the same period in 2010.
- Year-to-date operating net loss of $637,000, or $0.22 per basic share for the nine-month period ending September 30, 2011, compared to a net loss of $2,019,000, or $0.70 per basic share for the same period in 2010.
- Provision for loan losses for the nine-months of 2011 was $1,533,000 versus $941,000 for the same period of 2010, an increase of 63%. The Bank’s allowance for loan losses as a percent of total loans was 3.54%, as compared to 2.10% at September 30, 2010, an increase of 69%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV