MAUMEE, Ohio, Oct. 31, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Andersons, Inc. (Nasdaq: ANDE) announced today it has completed the purchase of Immokalee Farmers Supply, Inc., Immokalee, Fla., which serves the specialty vegetable producers in Southwest Florida.
"This purchase is consistent with our stated strategy of growing our business through an expanded footprint and product offering to serve more customers," says Denny Addis, President, Plant Nutrient Group.
The Immokalee Farmers Supply operations will become a part of The Andersons Plant Nutrient Group's Southern Region."This agreement reinforces The Andersons' commitment to the Florida market and our desire to diversify our product and service offerings for growers and industries in this specialty-crop dominated state," says Joe Hodges, Vice President of the Plant Nutrient Group's Southern Region. Fred Heald, Vice President of Immokalee Farmers Supply, adds: "We feel that this alignment allows us to better serve our customers with new products and provide the additional resources needed in our markets." Immokalee Farmers Supply was founded in 1984 and supplies crop protection chemicals to the specialty vegetable market in Southwest Florida. About The Andersons, Inc.The Andersons, Inc. is a diversified company with interests in the grain, ethanol and plant nutrient sectors of U.S. agriculture, as well as in railcar leasing and repair, turf products production, and general merchandise retailing. Founded in Maumee, Ohio, in 1947, the company now has operations across the United States, in Puerto Rico, and has rail equipment leasing interests in Canada and Mexico. For more information, visit The Andersons online at www.andersonsinc.com. SOURCE The Andersons, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV