Average Volume: 1.203 millionVolume % Change: 53% From a technical standpoint, this stock has just stared to breakout in the last couple of trading sessions on above average volume. The stock has cleared some major overhead resistance at $32.05 to $31.97 a share and has entered into a major gap-down zone from back in August. That gap down day saw the stock plunge from over $40 a share to a low of $26.26 a share. Now that this stock is breaking out with high volume, traders should look for a re-test of its 200-day moving average of $42.57 a share. Medallion Financial (TAXI) is a specialty finance company engaged in originating, acquiring and servicing loans that finance taxicab medallions and various types of commercial businesses. The stock is trading up 5.2% at $12.14 in recent trading. Volume: 80,298 Average Volume: 75,717 Volume % Change: 83% From a technical standpoint, this stock recently broke out above some major overhead resistance at around $10 a share on above average volume. Market players should now look for another big breakout to trigger if this stock can clear its all-time high, which sits near $14 a share. A high-volume move above that all-time should set off another spike higher for the stock since it will mean that anyone who has ever bought shares is making money.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV