The Board of Directors of ICICI Bank Limited (NYSE: IBN) at its meeting held at Mumbai today, approved the audited accounts of the Bank for the six months ended September 30, 2011.
Profit & loss account
- Consolidated profit after tax of the Bank increased by 47% to Rs 3,658 crore (US$ 747 million) for the six months ended September 30, 2011 (H1-2012) from Rs 2,486 crore (US$ 508 million) for the six months ended September 30, 2010 (H1-2011).
- Standalone profit after tax increased 25% to Rs 2,835 crore (US$ 579 million) for H1-2012 from Rs 2,262 crore (US$ 462 million) for H1-2011.
- Standalone profit after tax increased 22% to Rs 1,503 crore (US$ 307 million) for Q2-2012 from Rs 1,236 crore (US$ 252 million) for Q2-2011.
- Net interest income increased 14% to Rs 2,506 crore (US$ 512 million) in Q2-2012 from Rs 2,204 crore (US$ 450 million) in Q2-2011.
- Fee income increased 7% to Rs 1,700 crore (US$ 347 million) in Q2-2012 from Rs 1,590 crore (US$ 325 million) in Q2-2011.
- Provisions decreased 50% to Rs 319 crore (US$ 65 million) in Q2-2012 from Rs 641 crore (US$ 131 million) in Q2-2011.
The Bank has continued with its strategy of pursuing profitable growth. In this direction, the Bank continues to leverage its strong corporate franchise, its international presence and its expanded branch network in India. At September 30, 2011, the Bank had 2,535 branches and 6,913 ATMs, the largest branch network among private sector banks in the country.Credit growth Advances increased by 20% year-on-year to Rs 233,952 crore (US$ 47.8 billion) at September 30, 2011 from Rs 194,201 crore (US$ 39.6 billion) at September 30, 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV