1. Harman International (HAR) is the leader of the pack with a share price gain of 56.7% in October. Nevertheless, its shares are down 2.9% this year.
The recent jump came after the audio-equipment maker posted a higher first-quarter profit than expected by Wall Street. The results were helped by sales to both consumers and auto makers that install its car audio systems as original equipment. Harman International has also seen demand pick up for its products used in sound reinforcement, and in the broadcast and recording industries.>>To see these stocks in action, visit the 10 Best-Performing Stocks in October Rally portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV