3. F5 Networks' (FFIV - Get Report) stock gained 51.5% last month but has dropped 17.3% this year. The company makes products that help companies manage their computer network traffic, applications, and security.
Its customers include many Fortune 500 companies as well as Internet service providers, managed hosting providers and e-commerce sites. The company last week reported a 40% earnings gain in its third quarter.
2. Nabors International (NBR - Get Report) shares are up 55.4% this month, bringing the yearly decline to 18.8%. The company is one of the world's largest land-rig drilling contractors and is benefiting from the North American oil shale boom. Last week, Nabors reported a strong third quarter that bested Wall Street's average estimate by 3 cents per share. Nabors earned $74.3 million on revenue of $1.66 billion. The company was in the news yesterday for giving its 81-year-old chairman a $100 million cash severance-style payment even though he isn't leaving the company, but only giving up his CEO post.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts