5. Alpha Natural Resources (ANR - Get Report) shares jumped 50.1% last month, but is down 55.8% this year. The company is a producer of high-quality thermal and metallurgical coal, and recent acquisitions have made it one of the biggest coal producers in North America.
4. Valero Industries (VLO - Get Report) jumped 50.2% last month and 16% so far in 2011. The company operates 13 refineries, making it the top independent refiner in the U.S.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts