Kim Kardashian's Wedding: A Money-Making Scheme?
Updated from 1:34 p.m. EDT
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Just 72 days after her high-profile $10 million wedding, reality star Kim Kardashian is filing for divorce from her basketball star husband, Kris Humphries.
According to TMZ, the reason for the divorce is the two disagree on where to settle down. While Kardashian wants to remain in Los Angeles, close to her family, Humphries is adamant about living in Minnesota, TMZ reported.
Kardashian is reportedly not seeking an annulment, instead citing ""irreconcilable differences."Ryan Seacrest, who produces Kardashian's E! reality show, tweeted: "Yes @KimKardashian is filing for divorce this morning. I touched base with her, getting a statement in just a few mins." While Kardashian spent $10 million for her over-the-top nuptials, she actually made more money then she shelled out. Kardashian reportedly raked in nearly $18 million in wedding gifts and from selling her exclusive wedding photos to magazines. On top of this, her divorce will likely only lead to higher ratings for her reality show, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, which will ultimately mean more money for the star. >>Kardashian Marriage Down, Stocks Follow -Reported by Jeanine Poggi in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV