- EL PASO CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, EL PASO CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $1.00 versus -$0.86 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.08 versus $1.00).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average. The net income increased by 66.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $157.00 million to $262.00 million.
- EP's revenue growth trails the industry average of 38.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 21.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for EL PASO CORP is rather high; currently it is at 64.00%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 21.20% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $465.00 million or 11.77% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, EL PASO CORP's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 39.22%.
TheStreet Ratings Top 10 Rating Changes
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.