5 Steps to Get Your Car Ready for Winter
"It's not too late to winterize your car," Phil Reed, senior consumer advice editor for Edmunds.com, tells us. "But, if you haven't done it yet, you should do it now."
|Car owners: time to get your cars ready for the salt and snow of another winter.|
"You can have a rough winter that's not rough on you as a driver if you just follow some simple steps," says Alex Nunez, automotive senior editor for ConsumerSearch.com. Here's what he and a few other experts suggest owners do to make sure their cars can handle the snow and salt this winter.
1. Treat your tires.
Those who live in very snowy areas or plan on traveling to them during the next few months should seriously consider putting snow tires on their vehicles.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV