Nuveen Investments, a leading global provider of investment services to institutions as well as high-net-worth and affluent investors, today announced that the Board of 13 insured municipal bond closed-end funds has approved changes to each of these fund’s investment policies.
Over the past few years, most municipal bond insurers have had their credit ratings downgraded and only one insurer is currently insuring new municipal bonds. As a result, the supply of insured municipal securities has decreased dramatically and the long-term viability of the municipal bond insurance market is uncertain.
In response, the Board approved changes to each fund’s investment policies intended to increase the fund’s flexibility regarding the types of securities available for investment.
The changes provide that:
- Each fund will eliminate the investment policy requiring it, under normal circumstances, to invest at least 80 percent of its managed assets in municipal securities that are covered by insurance guaranteeing the timely payment of principal and interest.
- Each fund will continue to invest substantially all (at least 80 percent) of its managed assets in investment grade quality municipal securities.
|Current Fund Name||Ticker Symbol (will remain unchanged)||Proposed Fund Name|
|Nuveen Insured Quality Municipal Fund, Inc.||NQI||Nuveen Quality Municipal Fund, Inc.|
|Nuveen Insured Municipal Opportunity Fund, Inc.||NIO||Nuveen Municipal Opportunity Fund, Inc.|
|Nuveen Premier Insured Municipal Income Fund, Inc.||NIF||Nuveen Premier Municipal Income Fund, Inc.|
|Nuveen Insured Premium Income Municipal Fund 2||NPX||Nuveen Premium Income Municipal Fund 2|
|Nuveen Insured Dividend Advantage Municipal Fund||NVG||Nuveen Dividend Advantage Municipal Income Fund|
|Nuveen Insured Tax-Free Advantage Municipal Fund||NEA||Nuveen AMT-Free Municipal Income Fund|
|Nuveen Insured Massachusetts Tax-Free Advantage Municipal Fund||NGX||Nuveen Massachusetts AMT-Free Municipal Income Fund|
|Nuveen New York Quality Income Municipal Fund, Inc.||NUN||Nuveen New York Quality Income Municipal Fund, Inc.|
|Nuveen Insured New York Premium Income Municipal Fund, Inc.||NNF||Nuveen New York Premium Income Municipal Fund, Inc.|
|Nuveen New York Investment Quality Municipal Fund, Inc.||NQN||Nuveen New York Investment Quality Municipal Fund, Inc.|
|Nuveen New York Select Quality Municipal Fund, Inc.||NVN||Nuveen New York Investment Quality Municipal Fund, Inc.|
|Nuveen Insured New York Dividend Advantage Municipal Fund||NKO||Nuveen New York Dividend Advantage Municipal Income Fund|
|Nuveen Insured New York Tax-Free Advantage Municipal Fund||NRK||Nuveen New York AMT-Free Municipal Income Fund|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV