VANCOUVER, Oct. 31, 2011 /PRNewswire/ - Great Basin Gold Ltd. ("Great Basin Gold" or the "Company") (TSX: GBG; NYSE Amex: GBG; JSE: GBG) announces an addition to its management team with the appointment of Joseph M. (Joe) Driscoll as Vice President (VP) for Great Basin Gold's Nevada Operations.
Joe Driscoll is a qualified Mining Engineer and alumnus of the College of Mineral Science and Technology (1987) from which he holds a Bachelor of Science degree. He started his mining career at Western Energy Company as a Metallurgical Technician in 1986, following which he also worked for Pegasus Gold, New Butte Mining Company, Independence Mining Company, Stillwater Mining Company and Newmont's Carlin and Midas Operations. In 2005, he was Mine Manager at Queenstake Resources' Jerritt Canyon Operations, and in 2006 he joined Barrick's Goldstrike Mine as Mine Operations and Maintenance Superintendent. In 2007, he rejoined Newmont's Carlin Operation where he has been Leeville Mine Manager until this appointment with Great Basin Gold.
Responsible for leading the well-qualified management team that is primarily focused on safely operating and developing the Company's Hollister and Esmeralda operations, Joe will be instrumental in enhancing partnerships and relations with stakeholders in the area. His role will also be to direct the team's efforts toward the intended long term growth, backed by sustained performance, in that operating environment.
President and CEO Ferdi Dippenaar said: "We are extremely pleased to have Joe join the company and strengthen our operational team in Nevada. He brings with him a wealth of knowledge and experience which we believe will be instrumental in unlocking the value of our Hollister and Esmeralda projects in Nevada."Ferdi Dippenaar President and CEO No regulatory authority has approved or disapproved the information contained in this news release.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV