BOSTON, Oct. 31, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Sappi Fine Paper North America has been nominated for four awards in the third annual 2011 Pulp & Paper International (PPI) Awards. The PPI Awards are the only global awards dedicated to recognizing these achievements in various sectors.
Sappi Fine Paper North America has been declared a finalist for four awards spanning three different categories. The award nominations are a testament to Sappi's continued investment in both its assets and in creating value added resources for its customers:
- Mill Award: Environmental Strategy of the Year Award – The Somerset Mill in Skowhegan, Maine, was recently certified by the Center for Resource Solutions' Green-e® Energy Marketplace program, as a result of a $49M capital investment in renewable energy generation that consisted of upgrades to the recovery cycle equipment and the implementation of other related projects at the Somerset pulp mill. Under the Green-e certification, 100 percent of the electricity used to manufacture Opus web paper at the Somerset Mill is Green-e certified renewable energy.
- Environmental Message, Promotional Campaign of the Year : eQ Sustainability Program – eQ is Sappi's industry-leading branded communication platform on sustainability and includes the eQ Microsite, which is designed to elevate readers' environmental knowledge with blog posts, videos and insights into the industry.
- Pulp, Paper & Board Product, Promotional Campaign of the Year: Digital Design Center – The Digital Design Center is an innovative web application that allows printers to create custom marketing tools to promote their own digital printing capabilities and Sappi Fine Paper North America's portfolio of digital papers.
- Pulp, Paper & Board Product, Promotional Campaign of the Year: Flo Channel/ Off Register ™ – The FloChannel/Off Register is an online comedy video series developed to demonstrate how print and alternate media can work together to deliver exciting results in a multimedia campaign. The series features actors from Second City improvisational group and the printed component demonstrates the high quality of Sappi's paper— Flo, as well as innovative printing techniques.
Mark Rushton, Editor of PPI magazine and chairman of the jury for the PPI Awards 2011, commented, "The PPI Awards are now in their third year and the quality and quantity of the entries is better than ever. We've received more entries from all parts of the globe this year from the USA to China, and Europe to South America. Making the shortlist is a fantastic achievement for all the companies involved due to the high caliber of entries. However we would also like to thank all the people who took the time to enter this year. I look forward to seeing the finalists in Brussels in November."Jennifer Miller, executive vice-president of strategic marketing and chief sustainability officer, Sappi Fine Paper North America said: "Investing in our assets to make our operations more environmentally sustainable and creating innovative resources for our customers to bring our products to the market is fundamental to our strategy and we are honored to receive recognition for these efforts as a finalist in the 2011 PPI Awards." Industry renowned names such as Teresa Presas (CEPI), Duncan Pollard (Nestlé), Rod Young (RISI) and Martyn Eustace (Two Sides) were involved in the judging, along with other experts in different fields. RISI will be publishing more information on the finalists in the November issue of PPI magazine as well as on the RISI and PPI Awards websites. This year's winners will be announced at a spectacular ceremony at Le Plaza Hotel, Brussels, on Tuesday, November 15, 2011. About Sappi Fine Paper North America Sappi Fine Paper North America, known for innovation and quality, is a preeminent North American producer of coated fine and release papers headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Its coated fine papers, with highly recognized brand names such as McCoy, Opus, Somerset, and Flo, are used in premium magazines, catalogs, books, and high-end print advertising. Sappi's mills in North America are triple chain of custody certified to the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), Sustainable Forestry Initiative® (SFI), and Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC). Over 85% of the energy used by Sappi's North American mills comes from renewable resources, resulting in one of the lowest carbon footprints of any major North American coated paper supplier. The company is also the world's leading supplier of Release papers for the automotive, fashion and engineered films industries, including the globally recognized Ultracast brand. Sappi's Release papers provide the surface aesthetics for synthetic fabrics used in footwear, clothing, upholstery and accessories, as well as the textures for decorative laminates found in kitchens, baths, flooring and other decorative surfaces. Sappi Fine Paper North America is a division of Sappi Limited (NYSE: SPP and JSE: SAP), a global company headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, with manufacturing operations on four continents in 9 countries, sales offices in 35 countries, and customers in over 100 countries around the world. For more information about Sappi Fine Paper North America, visit: www.sappi.com/na Amy Olson Manager, Corporate Communications Sappi Fine Paper North America255 State Street Boston MA 02109Office: 617-423-5409Fax: 617-368-6580Mobile: 617-320-1646 Amy.Olson@sappi.com www.sappi.com/na SOURCE Sappi Fine Paper North America
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV