DENVER, Oct. 31, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Newmont Mining Corporation (NYSE: NEM) announced that Moly-Cop was named Newmont's 2011 Global Supplier of the Year for support of continuous improvement programs, proactive and transparent collaboration and consistently producing high quality products.
"Our goal is to build long-term relationships with our suppliers and partners," said Gerry Gluscic, Newmont's Vice President and Chief Information Officer. "Moly-Cop is extremely responsive to Newmont's needs and excels at managing supply chain risks, while continuing to innovate and optimize their products and services."
Newmont's supplier awards program recognizes top vendors at its annual Supplier Summit. Nominees are evaluated on their contributions toward creating operating efficiencies, developing strong relationships and embracing Newmont's values in worker safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
Moly-Cop supplies forged steel grinding media, which is used across Newmont's global operations, and has been a part of Newmont's global alliance of suppliers since 2006.About Newmont Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont ( www.newmont.com) is one of the largest gold companies in the world. Headquartered in Colorado, the Company has more than 35,000 employees and contractors, with the majority working at core operations in the United States, Australia, Peru, Indonesia and Ghana. Newmont is the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont's industry leading performance is reflected through high standards in environmental management, health and safety for its employees and creating value and opportunity for host communities and shareholders. SOURCE Newmont Mining Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV