To ease the transition to next-generation video editing platforms for both professionals and entry-level editors, HP (NYSE:HPQ) today introduced desktop and mobile workstation configurations optimized for video editing.
Working with software partners Adobe, Avid and Sony Creative Software, HP is providing customers in the media and entertainment industries with exclusively designed workstations that can handle the rigors of complex editing.
“HP delivers solutions for a full range of video editors – from wedding and event videographers who value streamlined editing solutions, to post-production professionals who need powerful tools to blaze through intricate projects,” said Jeff Wood, vice president, Global Marketing, Commercial Solutions Business Unit, HP.
HP Workstations offer the power and performance for demanding projects that require advanced technologies, including stereoscopic 3-D editing, Blu-ray support (1) and multicamera editing, as well as legacy project support for traditional tape-based workflows.Tapping the power of Intel® Xeon® and Core™ processors paired with NVIDIA® Quadro™ graphics, HP Workstations deliver performance that lets the creative process flow uninterrupted from inception to final product. In addition to workstations, new HP ZR Series Performance Displays and the HP DreamColor LP2480zx deliver exceptional performance and accuracy for creative professionals. The recently announced 20- to 27-inch performance displays offer industry-standard inputs, the highest-performance in-plane switching screen technology, and sRGB and Rec. 709 color primaries at exceptionally low prices for color-critical applications. HP Mobile Workstations also include HP DreamColor panels for reference quality color in the field for those who tackle production and post-production on the road. Hardware solutions for the full range of editing software HP’s key editing software partners include:
- Adobe: Adobe Premiere® Pro software paired with an HP desktop or mobile workstation provides impressive performance and faster editing with true native format support for the most demanding high-definition (HD) workflows, from 2K to 5K and beyond. Intel processing power and NVIDIA Quadro support from HP’s optimized configurations enable Adobe users to take advantage of the acceleration capabilities of Adobe’s Mercury Playback Engine technology.
- Avid: Avid is legendary for providing trusted software for film and video editing with strong editorial tools, dependable media management and innovative capabilities. Unique time-saving and creative features like Avid Media Access, PhraseFind powered by Nexidia, ScriptSync®, and Mix and Match all benefit from the power of HP configurations. The combination of HP’s reliable desktop and mobile workstations with Avid Media Composer®, NewsCutter®, Symphony® and Avid DS software enables the highest-profile film and entertainment projects in the industry.
- Sony Creative Software: HP Workstations optimized for Sony’s Vegas™ Pro offer a robust and progressive platform for content creation and production. Vegas Pro’s full professional audio features and exceptional GPU-enhanced performance enable editors to enjoy improved functionality and high performance from a single application. Support for advanced features, such as stereoscopic 3-D editing and native Blu-ray authoring, and legacy features, such as tape-based workflows, make Vegas Pro an excellent single application solution.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV