DSP Group Stock Downgraded (DSPG)
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 456.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$0.37 million to -$2.04 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, DSP GROUP INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for DSP GROUP INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 33.40%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -3.50% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $1.12 million or 75.45% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 75.45%, DSP GROUP INC is in line with the industry average cash flow growth rate of -78.22%.
- The share price of DSP GROUP INC has not done very well: it is down 9.89% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.