4 Signs Occupy Wall Street Is Right
NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- The Occupy Wall Street protesters were first ignored by the media then maligned by certain outlets, but more recently a slew of reports and surveys have come out showing the movement may be on to something after all.
The latest news, photos and videos from the 'Occupy Wall Street' protests.
As difficult as it may be to nail down exactly what the protesters stand for, much of their attention is devoted to the growing indebtedness of average households, along with the growing gap between the wealthy and the poor and ultimately the concern that the wealthy are exerting too much control over the political process. Several studies released this week alone have offered further evidence that these two problems are getting worse and, perhaps more importantly, that a large portion of the population is concerned about these issues.
|The protesters on Occupy Wall Street may be on to something. Studies released this week show plenty of support for the cause.|
Growing income inequality
Few reports in recent memory packed quite as much of a bang in so few words as the one earlier this week from the Congressional Budget Office.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV