HOUSTON, Oct. 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Radio One Regional Vice-President Doug Abernethy announced today that KROI-FM/ Houston (92.1 FM) will begin its programming as a full service news station the week of November 14, 2011. Using the on air moniker "News 92 FM," this 24 hour news and information station will be fortified by the world wide resources of ABC News Radio and Associated Press Platinum and will be populated with the voices of some of Houston's most well known and award-winning radio and television personalities.
The morning news will be anchored by Texas Radio Hall of Fame honorees J.P. Pritchard and Lana Hughes, who served the Houston market as a broadcast duo for over 27 years. Additional duties throughout the day will be handled by other local notables including (listed alphabetically) Mike Barajas, Scott Braddock, Carolyn Campbell, Kevin Charles, Brent Clanton, Lanny Griffith, Laurie Kendrick, Martha Martinez, Bonnie Petrie, Matt Sampsell, Pattie Shieh, Meteorologist Dr. Joe Sobel, Craig Roberts, and Jorge Vargas.
"Our review of Houston's broadcast landscape told us that those listeners interested in local news as well as national news were being poorly served," says Abernethy, "so we decided to make a commitment to delivering the news in a dependable fashion. People want to hear about news as it happens, and they shouldn't have to wait until their radio station 'catches up'. We'll deliver the news as it unfolds."Ed Shane, founder and president of the Houston-based Shane Media Services, is serving as Project Manager on the format flip from gospel music to all news and predicts that Houstonians will find much to like about News 92 FM. "We're going to give people the facts without the biased opinions that dominate so-called news stations," offers Shane. "We've assembled an A-list of broadcast journalists whose mission is to report the news and let people make up their own minds."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV