Nokia's stock closed down 13 cents, or 1.78%, at $7.18 on Friday.
Tech earnings season rumbled on, with AMD (AMD) swinging to a profit in its third-quarter results on Thursday, citing strong demand for its mobile processors. The No. 2 chipmaker earned $97 million, or 13 cents a share, in the latest quarter, up from a year-ago equivalent loss of $118 million, or 17 cents a share. AMD's shares were up 40 cents, or 7.22%, at $5.94 on Friday.
Symantec (SYMC) was also on deck this week, reporting in-line profit and record revenue on Wednesday amid continued demand for its security and storage products. The Mountain View, Calif.-based firm said revenue totaled $1.68 billion for the three months ended Sept. 30, a new company record. That performance was up from $1.48 billion in the same period last year, and ahead of the average analysts' estimate of $1.66 billion. Symantec's stock closed up 25 cents, or 1.41%, at $17.99 on Friday.
Tech earnings to look out for next week include 4G specialist Clearwire (CLWR) and chipmaker Qualcomm (QCOM), which both report after market close on Wednesday. LinkedIn (LNKD), which went public earlier this year, reports its third-quarter results after market close on Thursday. Daily deals site Groupon, which has repeatedly scaled back the size of its IPO, is expected to make its market debut on Nov. 4. -- Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV