5. Primrose Schools
Being a pharmaceutical rep, Ashley Clemens had the flexibility to help out her husband's brother and sister-in-law by picking up their son from day care. She noticed her nephew was happiest by far once he started attending Primrose Schools, a private day care facility that focuses more on being an early learning school than a babysitting facility.
"That's initially I think what really sparked our interest into looking into opening a franchise," says Clemens, who has a degree in education.
Primrose takes in children from infancy through elementary-school age for full day, summer, before and after-school care. The company has more than 231 schools in 16 states.The difference in the format was noticeable. "When you go, someone takes you back to the classroom and introduces you. You've got the sense of security as someone checks your identification. It just feels like a home," Clemens says. Clemens and her husband, who previously worked in custom homebuilding and land development, own two Primrose Schools in Ohio. She was so impressed with the school that she even got her husband's brother and sister-in-law to open one and an aunt and uncle to run a Primrose School franchise. "There were a ton of franchises we could have picked," she says. "What really sets Primrose apart is just how educationally focused we really are. I wholeheartedly believe in it. You're able to see the growth, and language development is phenomenal.
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV