1. DaVita (DVA) provides dialysis services in the U.S. for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure. The company provides in-patient hemodialysis services in approximately 750 hospitals, excluding physician services. DaVita will announce third-quarter results on Nov. 3.
For the third quarter of 2011, net income is seen at $137.75 million, vs. $119.39 million recorded in the year-ago quarter. Also, for the same period, net sales are seen growing to $1.79 billion from $1.65 billion. Earnings per share for the quarter are expected to increase to $1.44 from $1.15 per share in the year-ago period. Gross margin is seen expanding to 33.03% from 30.59% earlier. Operating profit is at $2.34 billion, up 12%. Cash flow per share is pegged at $2.05 for the quarter, up 30%.
Of the 17 analysts covering the stock, 76% recommend a buy and the rest suggest a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On an average, analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain almost 19.5% to $86.08 from current levels over the next 12 months.>>To see these stocks in action, visit the 8 Health Care Buys Ahead of Earnings portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV