6. Henry Schein (HSIC) distributes health care products and services to health care practitioners, government and other institutions. It serves in two segments: health care distribution and technology. HSIC will announce third-quarter results on Nov. 1.
Net income for the third quarter of 2011 is estimated at $93.86 billion, or $1.01 per share, compared to $87.89 million, or 94 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter. Sales are forecast at $2.07 billion, up 9% from $1.89 billion in the third quarter of 2010. Gross margin for the quarter is seen increasing to 28.70% from 28.38% in the year-earlier quarter. Cash flow per share is seen at $1.36, compared to 53 cents in 2010 third quarter.
Of the 16 analysts covering the stock, 50% recommend a buy and 44% suggest a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 8.6% to $75.64 from current levels over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV