7. Watson Pharmaceuticals (WPI) is an integrated global pharmaceutical company dealing in generic and brand pharmaceutical products. The company manages its business into three operating segments: Generics, Brands and Distribution. Watson will announce third-quarter results Nov. 1.
Net income for the third quarter of 2011 is estimated at $132.54 million on sales of $1.09 billion, higher than net income of $105.80 million recorded on $882.4 million sales for the same period in 2010, as per analysts polled by Bloomberg. For the quarter, earnings per share are forecast at $1.05 cents, vs. 85 cents registered in 2010 third quarter. Meanwhile, a multifold increase in operating profit is likely at $223.45 million, rising from $34.50 million in the year-ago period.
Of the 22 analysts covering the stock, 59% recommend a buy and the rest rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 12.1% to $78.00 from current levels over the next 12 months.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts