7. Watson Pharmaceuticals (WPI) is an integrated global pharmaceutical company dealing in generic and brand pharmaceutical products. The company manages its business into three operating segments: Generics, Brands and Distribution. Watson will announce third-quarter results Nov. 1.
Net income for the third quarter of 2011 is estimated at $132.54 million on sales of $1.09 billion, higher than net income of $105.80 million recorded on $882.4 million sales for the same period in 2010, as per analysts polled by Bloomberg. For the quarter, earnings per share are forecast at $1.05 cents, vs. 85 cents registered in 2010 third quarter. Meanwhile, a multifold increase in operating profit is likely at $223.45 million, rising from $34.50 million in the year-ago period.
Of the 22 analysts covering the stock, 59% recommend a buy and the rest rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 12.1% to $78.00 from current levels over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV